Author Topic: BUG: S creen turns off when I touch it  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Filzbiber

• View Profile
BUG: S creen turns off when I touch it
« on: April 29, 2014, 09:54:43 PM »
Hi everybody.

I just received my Jolla today and unfortunately it's hardly working at all.

I used the search but could not find a similar problem.

When I touch on the screen to enter my PIN-conde the screen instantly turns off. It then turns on again after a few seconds but will turn off again as soon as i touch the screen. Phone worked fine when I received it for about 2-3hours. Then I opened the browser for the first time, and whenever I touched on the screen to start using the browser the app minimized. Touch screen was turning fine otherwise, except that i couldn't browse apps in the jolla store (as soon as I would choose a category jolla store would close). I thought maybe a restart would solve the problem but now I can't even my PIN-code. And because my old phone used regular SIM and cannot handle micro-SIM I can't even use my SIM in my old phone anymore and I'm basically without phone. Very annoying issue.

I also tried to take the battery out and put it back in with no result - the screen still turns off as soon as I try to enter the PIN-code.

Any experience with this problem?

Thanks'n'Cheers

Offline Vistaus

• View Profile
  • Phone model: The Jolla phone!
Re: BUG: S creen turns off when I touch it
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:19:36 PM »
Sometimes this is due to a faulty SIM. A SIM card gets faulty over time. Try to replace it with a new one from the store and see if the problem's still there. And while you're there, ask for a SIM adapter to put the micro SIM in in case you need to use your old phone. They gave me one for free when I asked for one so I can switch to my old phone if needed.

Offline Filzbiber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 12:20:58 PM »
I tried to run the phone without SIM with the same problem. The phone starts, but as soon as I touch the screen to choose any menus or settings the screen turns off and turns on back again after a few minutes.

I have to say I'm pretty p**sed off by jolla for sending me a product that isn't working and not offering ANY support or contact.

Or does anyone of you know how to get in touch with these guys?

Offline Vistaus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 12:57:46 PM »
You can send a mail to Jolla Care.

Btw: I don't see why Jolla is to blame. Every manufacturer sends out a faulty product every now and then. My mum's previous phone (Nokia Lumia 820) had a faulty screen so she had to send it back, costed her 200 euros to replace it (she only had the phone for a short while).
Those things happen.

Offline Filzbiber

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 01:38:12 PM »
I mainly blame them for their lack of service and support. But you're right, it's mainly my own fault for not buying a product from a renowned manufacturer that has a service point in my country.

Can you give me a link with that email adress, I can't find it anywhere, not in the box of the phone not on their homepage. One could get the feeling they're trying to hide as good as they can once they sold you their product.

Anyway, thanks a lot for any inputs that can help me turn my 400 pile of electronic garbage into a phone again :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:29:57 PM by Filzbiber »

Offline nsty

• View Profile
  • Phone model: Jolla
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 04:51:17 PM »
just send a mail to care@jolla.com

Offline Vistaus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 05:40:18 PM »
I mainly blame them for their lack of service and support. But you're right, it's mainly my own fault for not buying a product from a renowned manufacturer that has a service point in my country.

Can you give me a link with that email adress, I can't find it anywhere, not in the box of the phone not on their homepage. One could get the feeling they're trying to hide as good as they can once they sold you their product.

Anyway, thanks a lot for any inputs that can help me turn my 400 pile of electronic garbage into a phone again :)

You could've just gone to their website, then clicked Legal, clicked Return Policy and clicked the link to file a new Repair Ticket (direct link): https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Or mail them, like nsty said.

I agree that they should put that a bit more in sight on their website, but it's not impossible to find.

Offline Filzbiber

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 10:51:17 PM »
As I said, I found it unnecessary difficult to get contact details. I expect something like that to be in the FAQ.

But I have to admit once you get in touch with them, they seem to work efficiently. I got a reply within 40 minutes.

Besides all that I think it's my absolute right to be pissed off when I shell out 400 bucks and get a product that doesn't work, regardless of the manufacturer.

Will  keep you guys updated about the issue.

Offline Vistaus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 12:09:28 AM »
I never said you didn't have the right to.

It was in the FAW though, but like I said: I agree that they could've made that a bit easier to find.

Offline Filzbiber

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 10:00:04 PM »
OK, once you get in touch with the jolla support team they're awesome.  The response time is very impressive and they were able to quickly solve my problem. Big props.

Here's the instruction how to reset your phone back to factory setting with help of a Windows PC:  https://jolla.zendesk.com/attachments/token/MVZkpw4ewKaXewmltHgIj4qks/?name=Recovery+Mode+on+Windows+%28WIN+7%29+v+4.pdf

and instructions if doing it with help of a Mac or Linux Computer: https://together.jolla.com/question/22079/howto-all-pc-users-recover-or-reset-a-device-that-is-stuck-in-boot-loop/

Offline Kentery

• View Profile
  • Phone model: Samsung
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 07:32:20 AM »
In this situation ,once you found the data was deleted from phone , you have to use Android Rescuer to get them back as soon as possible , in this way the lost  data can be recovered ,because the data are still exist in the a differently way on the phone even if you has deleted these data from android , if you have created some backup of phone data or saved the se phone data on other device , if didn't, you can only choose the Android Data Rescuer to solve the problem , here is a link tha you can click it to get more about How to recover android  data with Android Data Rescuer, in addition contacts , like SMS,images,files,song,app,ect are supported recovered
 How to recover lost data from Samsung  ?
How to regain  Lg  data  ?
How to restieve SMS/ photos/contacts from Htc ?